Recently, I went to the Sacramento Tea Party. A major issue on the agenda was California’s water crisis. I took a moment to interview some of the activists attending the event and asked them their thoughts on the water situation. Speaking to voters in English and Spanish, they told me what why they attended the Tea Party event.
If you’re wondering how does this impact you? Start looking at the food prices at your grocery store. A large part of America’s food comes from California’s Central Valley:
- 36% of the nation’s total acreage of non-citrus fruits.
- 21% of the nation’s total acreage of citrus fruits.
- 49% of the nation’s total acreage of nuts.
- 10% of the nation’s total acreage of vegetables.
- 17% of the nation’s milk cows.
NOTE: I serve as Press Secretary for the Steve Poizner for Governor Campaign.